Saturday, December 9

Whoa..She's a BIG girl!: June7th & 28th, 2006

At the end of my pregnancy I was measuring very large. The doctor became concerned about the size of this baby so she did two late-term ultrasounds.
______________________________________________________________
These first three ultrasounds were taken on June 7th. The first two are 3-D close ups of her face and the third one is a regular ultrasound of her body.
I was approximately 35 weeks along and I was measuring 40 weeks. The ultra sound predicted she was around 7 pounds at this time. Considering babies gain a half a pound a week (on average) we were looking at a 9 or 10 pound baby. The doctor began mentally preparing me for a c-section at this time!



This is another late term ultrasound taken on June 28th. (4 days before she was born) This is another 3-D closeup of her face with her had blocking part of her face. We could not get her to move her hand so this is the only photo we got at this visit.
At this ultrasound she measured approximately 8 pounds and I was measuring 42 weeks (Pregnancy only lasts 40 weeks so this was very concerning to the doctor). She still had not dropped one bit and I had not dilated at all. We made an appointment for a c-section at the end of this visit.